To apply for any of these positions; email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-Time Sales Associate
A Sales Associate is responsible for growing our business through excellence in , customer service, client follow up, product care and preparation, and showroom merchandising and maintenance.
- Greet, Engage + Assist Clients in the shop and via email and phone
- Uphold excellence in service and product sales
- Grow client and designer base
- Assist with the daily operations and running of the showroom
- Perform store opening and closing duties, including maintaining showroom standards of cleanliness, organization, and style
- Execute necessary processes to get new inventory showroom ready, including cleaning, pricing, and cataloging new inventory
- Complete daily sales reports.
- Facilitate deliveries and pick-ups of sold items.
- Partner with the store team to execute, achieve and exceed the sales goals of the store.
- Update Inventory status on our Website and 3rd Party Sites.
- Accurately execute operational tasks such as ringing sales, receiving stock, shipping merchandise and maintaining the look of the showroom.
- Participate in special store functions as directed by the store leader; such as floor sets, client events, store meetings and physical inventory.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Work on special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to deliver excellent Client Service and achieve sales goals.
- Ability to articulately tell the story of the brand through product knowledge + passion for design.
- Willingness to follow direction and work as part of a team.
- Ability to work one step ahead of problems.
- An active self-starter with a proficiency at multi-tasking, prioritizing, time management, and organizing.
- Ability to continuously stand or walk.
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to independently operate and climb a ladder.
- 1+ years of luxury retail client service and sales experience, preferably in interiors/home furnishings
- Valid Drivers License or State ID
- Strong contacts in and knowledge of the local interior design community is preferred
- Weekend Availability
- Part Time Availability of 15 hours a week, with potential for more hours as needed.
- This position requires regular Saturday shifts.
This position is intended for someone who is interested in helping to grow our business and can be an integral and essential part of our small, hard-working team - this is not just a sales position!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V
Event Planning Internship
- Detail oriented and extremely organized
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Able to meet shifting deadlines
- Able to be a part of a start up team and take responsibility as needed
- Interest in design and interiors
- Proficient with Adobe Products and Microsoft Office
- Able to collaborate in a team environment and also work independently
- Availability of a minimum of 15 hours a week
- Ability to travel to our showroom in West Town a minimum of once a weekResponsibilities
- coordinate event logistics, including set up and styling
- communicate with vendors, clients and other event related personnel via email, phone
- Assist with site visits, sales and promotion
- marketing outreach
- Support the expansion of our Events branch via research and outreach
- Assist with set up, styling, organization of event supplies and tear down
-Maintain up-to-date event documents including site-schedule forms and action plans
- Procure, Organize and Manage supplies for events
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
A hands on, real life experience being an integral part of a growing business
The Potential for an Opportunity for Hire after Internship is Complete
Networking Opportunities and introductions in Chicago's Design + Creative Community
An opportunity to build community and create relationships with industry professionals
Daily learning opportunities and mentorship